Wednesday 10 February 2016

Emotional Photos; Celine Dion Breaks Down As She Pays Tribute To Her Late Husband


Celine Dion battled with her grief as she returned to Caesars Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas, on Wednesday, to celebrate the life of her late husband René Angélil. It's been three weeks since the music producer and manager - who had been battling throat cancer since 1998 - died two days shy of his 74th birthday, but Dion, 47, said she could 'feel his love' in the room.


She went on to describe how Angélil protected her in the early days of her career. She said;

 'I was never part of any of the meetings that he had where he had to say yes or no. He protected me from Day 1 to for the rest of my life, I am pretty sure of that,'. 'I feel his love in this room. I feel his strength and his warmth being reflected in all of you,' she said as her voice began to quiver.
'René always surrounded me with the best people who believed in us and always worked so hard on our behalf.' 'The love of my life ... would be so happy to know we are all here together telling stories, sharing memories, playing some of his favorite music. And especially in this beautiful theater which many years ago was one of his dreams come true.'
She closed the memorial by saying: 'On behalf of my family, thank you again for being here with us this evening for this beautiful tribute to mon amour. René I love you, so much, merci, good night.'
 She was joined on the stage by the couple's eldest son, Rene-Charles, 15, as well as his half-brother Patrick, Jean-Pierre and half-sister Anne-Marie Angelil.

No comments:

Post a Comment