Tuesday 26 January 2016

I don’t really watch much of our local movies because each time I did, I feel discouraged” – Actress, Lilian Bach


I don’t really watch much of our local movies because each time I did, I feel discouraged” – Actress, Lilian Bach


Meeting her for the first time gives the impression that she is a foreigner. But she is quick to tell you: “I am partly Nigerian and partly Polish. My mum is from Isale Eko in Central Lagos. I grew up here in Nigeria. I had my nursery primary and secondary education in Nigeria. When my father was alive, he was always on transfer from one state to another. We have lived virtually in all major cities of the country”, she revealed
How then did she become the Face of Delta soap? “I became the Face of Delta in 2000, and I resigned for two years before another Delta Face took over from me.


Asked if that is what brought her to limelight, she said, “Not really, because that was just a modelling job. I believe I have always been in the limelight, it is just that modelling didn’t give me much publicity when I started out”.
Any crown to her beauty? It might not be wrong to insinuate that she has taken part in beauty pageants. “Yes, in the early days of my modeling career, I was involved in pageant and fashion shows,” she said confidently with her radiating beautiful face. But hear this: “I never won any pageant show”, she confessed, adding “I guess I was too slim then as a model”
On her impression with how Nigerian movies celebrate ritualism, prostitution and blood, she gave her candid opinion. “You will be disappointed to hear that I don’t really watch much of our local movies because each time I did, I feel discouraged”
There is this concern about acting nude in Nollywood, will Lilian go for it given the opportunity? “I can’t act nude. I don’t think I have the moral upbringing to act nude. I’m a Christian and Ip respect my body as the temple of God. I can’t do it for any price. I worship in a Pentecostal Church.”

No comments:

Post a Comment