Tuesday 19 January 2016

NEXT MOVIE STAR HOUSEMATE, FOLASHADE ABIMBOLA SAYS NO! TO LIL-KESH

NEXT MOVIE STAR HOUSEMATE, FOLASHADE ABIMBOLA SAYS NO! TO LIL-KESH
FOLASHADE
Folashade Abimbola was one of the next movie star reality TV show housemates for 2015. Just when we thought the history of Lil-Kesh not being The Next Rated artiste of the year has been buried, she came up with an article to shed more light on why he couldn’t be a brand ambassador either to Headies organisation or Hyundai as a company.
WHEN I hear Next Rated, what comes to mind is the next big thing and that would come off having had a good previous year. A few questions also come to mind. What should be the criteria for winning The Next Rated category? Who should decide the winner? Should the brand providing the car be involved in the selection process?
I would answer these questions shortly but let me digress a little.
This year I didn’t know much about the run off to The Headies, but of course I wouldn’t have, I am still trying to settle in after being on The Next Moviestar reality show but I saw the advert online and decided to watch since I was too tired to go out. The show started late, had too many breaks in between yet there were so many amazing performances, my personal favourite of the night was Vector’s. Vector got me on my feet in my home, screaming and so also did the performance by Harrysong as well as the collaborative performance between Kunle Ayo, Timi Dakolo and the great Majek Fashek! It was live music, wow!!!
Then it came to the part where the acts in The Next Rated category were about to be unveiled and I said to my sisters “It is going to be Koredo Bello, Kiss Daniels, Reekardo Banks and Tekno in this group” boom! The young men started showing up to see the car and canvass for votes boom!! A certain young man I didn’t recognise showed up, boom!!! I was told that he is Lil Kesh. I took another look and thought he looked a little different and I was like “oh that’s the shoki guy, he was nominated too? nice” then I remembered the Iranu abasha song and Lil Kesh’s Fa poron jade line and then I said “He is too vulgar though”. Then another set of questions came to me. Does he stand a chance? Yes. Should he stand a chance? hmmmm. What if he wins? Hmmmmmmmmm!
This takes me back to the first set of questions but before I go on please note that this is not a piece to judge or crucify anybody. God and people who know me know that I, Folasade Abimbola, am not in any way infallible or perfect, I have made mistakes and I’m certain I will still make some more even after publishing this piece. What if this piece itself is a mistake? I hope not, anyway back to the subject. What should be the criteria for winning The Next Rated category?  In my opinion.
Number of hit songs
In that category Lil Kesh takes it with about four hit songs, wow!!! Followed by Kiss Daniels with two, followed by Korede who had probably the most popular song of last year Godwin, it was

No comments:

Post a Comment