Friday 19 February 2016

Promising Nollywood Actress Hannah Ogundare Commits Suicide



One might conclude Hannah Ogundare’s maturity, following her epileptic stagger from Double ‘A’ Entertainment to Moving Train Entertainment, from a rookie to one of Nollywood’s emerging gems as a bold assertion to Victor Hugo’s believe that all the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.

She has starred in several Nollywood films since her induction into the industry. As an actress, movies she has appeared in include; Dr. Romilayo, Fijagbemi, Jayinfa, Ibere Ese, Okunkun and not limited to MTE's comedy skits aired on TV stations nationwide. Recently, Hannah joined the long list of female producers.


On the fifth day of the year twenty-sixteen, the shooting of Hannah’s short films, Trending, Tabletop Romance and Share the Rizla, Share the Booze, directed by Ayuba Sodunke, began in Abeokuta, Ogun State and MTE Blog was there from start to finish.



During the shoot, our Nollywood correspondent, ‘Dayo Farore, asked the emerging act some vital questions and here are what she had to say.

Dayo Farore: Please tell us about Hannah Ogundare

My names are Hannah Oluwatosin Ogundare aka Hannie, but my guy calls me his "Maltina baby", because he thinks I laugh like a Maltina child *laughs*.

I am 5.9ft, chocolate as you can see and I can be very friendly and polite.

I was born in the early 80s into a family of seven in which I am the second to the last child.

Dayo Farore:    Educational background?

I attended Ahmad Memorial Primary School, Imola Comprehensive College and Houdegbe North American University where I bagged a BSc. in Economics. But I have intention to further my studies up to Post Graduate level God willing.

Dayo Farore:     What’s your state of origin?

Ekiti State.

Dayo Farore:     What other languages do you speak besides Yoruba?

I speak a bit of Franch one of the many benefits I garnered while studying at the Bilingual University, but of course after being schooled the art of cooking by course mates *laughs*. I also speak Igbo language besides the curse words which seem the basics people often learn about strange languages and then Hausa. And of course Urhobo, a very romantic language which is necessitated by my man who before now likes to intimidate me with it.

Dayo Farore:      Are you in any serious relationship?

I'm in a very serious relationship with the one my heart desire.


Dayo Farore:     Do you do anything beside acting?

Yes. I run the House of Hannie, a high-street fashion wholesaler and retailer headquartered on Lagos mainland.

Dayo Farore:     If I am in the mood for giveaways, what will you do with N2Million if I
                            give it you?

Give me the money first, then I'll show you what I'll do with it when the project is kick-started, but except if you are a potential investor or willing to pay me for consultancy. *laughs*.

Dayo Farore:      Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hmm! That's an interesting question. In the next five years, I see myself as one of Nollywood's top female producers who invests in educative and yet entertaining movies and then also a great wife and mom.

Dayo Farore:      How did the journey into acting begin?

Afeez Abiodun aka Owo was the first person I met in the industry, but Junior U. Gabriel of Moving Train Entertainment was the one that further groom me on acting.  


Dayo Farore:      How was the experience at Double A Entertainment?

I was there for years but it was tough combining  studies with Rehearsals twice a week but I give God all the Glory. I finished well and has a certificate of my own from the School of Drama.

Dayo Farore:      And has life being with Moving Train Entertainment?

I've been totally blessed ever since I met my new family (MTE). Sincerely, if not for God and Moving Train Entertainment, I would not be where I am today.

Dayo Farore:      How did your family receive your decision to become an actress?

My older sis loves acting and introduced me to Afeez Owo, but at first, my mum was against it, because it's a general belief that actresses do not like to settle down. My dad is a kind of man that supports and encourages us in every good decisions we make as adults. But I'm glad I've my family supports 100%.

Dayo Farore:      How did you feel when you won the 2015 Egba Youth Awards for the
                             Best Upcoming Actress?

Oh, my God!!! I was overwhelmed, because it was my first award in the industry. Though I wasn't present on the award night, my family at MTE received it on my behalf. For me, it was a conviction that hard work truly pays in time.

Below are the loglines of the short films:







TRENDING tells the story of Alheri, a teenager who finally fell in love with a persistent guy she met on Facebook, Trevor. After much persuasion, Alheri pays Trevor a visit which in the latter produced a sextape that inspired her suicide.

In SHARE THE RIZLA, SHARE THE BOOZE, Semilanu is a promising teenager whose dreams were shattered by a reckless driver three days to her scholarship presentation at the British Council in Lagos, Nigeria.

Chiamaka, an epilepsy patient, ended up chaining herself to a window burglary in TABLETOP ROMANCE so her friends won’t be able to save her from dying from drug overdose after her twenty-sixth suitor dumped her two weeks to her wedding.

Check out location picture below:
 










































No comments:

Post a Comment