Thursday 3 December 2015

Yemi Alade Reveals Details Of Her Relationship

Yemi Alade. Yemi Alade.
Afro pop star Yemi Alade, considered Nigeria’s most consistent female artiste at the moment, has revealed that she is in a relationship.
During her interview on urban Lagos radio station, Beat FM, today December 3, she explained that she has been in the relationship with her lover for some time, refusing to divulge further details on it.
However, it wasn’t always rosy for the Johnny singer. She recounts playing at gigs and not getting paid for performing.
“It wasn’t easy in the beginning. I performed at over 300 free shows before I became this big,” she said.
“I didn’t use to have money for studio sessions. It was that bad.”
But times have changed. She has garnered a strong following and acclaim within and outside the African continent till date.
She also talked about the fans and how much love she has received at performances around the world.
According to her, the most reception was from a crowd in London.
She said: “My biggest stage so far has been at a performance in London. I saw a sea of people up there at Wembley, London.
“It was deep. I was shaking. In fact my soul was doing ‘alanta ‘ (a popular Nigerian dance). That has been my biggest stage so far for the English-speaking audience.
“Non-English fans also blow me away. They probably don’t know what’s happening [but they sing and dance along regardless].
“Sometimes I go online and see Asians dancing to Johnny. They dunno what’s going on in the song but they are killing it.
“Swahili-speaking fans are great too. I remember one experience when Tanzanian fans were waiting for me cuz I flew overnight and so I got in late. So they started booing me when I got on stage. But as soon as the music started playing, they started showing me love.”
In response to what inspires her and her strengths, she answered:
“A lot of things. My environment, mom, family, experiences, the people I relate with, and all of that.
“My strength lies in the ability to continue being original with my sounds.”
For those wondering what her next step is following the launch of her jewelry line she stated that an album is in the works and due for 2016.
“My next project is a new album which is due to be released next year and it’s called Mama Africa.”
She also sent a message to her fans and all those aspiring to make it in various endeavours saying:
“You need to get the point where you want to give up then look back and turn everything around by pushing harder.
“It was a crazy experience for me before fame came. Then my management said to me ‘you mean you have done this for so long only to quit?’ after listening to this I reached deep and got my passion to continue.
“You see, it’s very easy to get that hit song and relax so it’s very important to find that inner drive that gets you going, that way you stay focused.”
Yemi Alade is a multi award-winning afro pop singer who hit limelight following her win at the music reality competition Peak Talent Show in 2009.
She has since climbed the ladder to the top with a soaring image and hit songs most notable of them being Johnny.
Her last album, King Of Queens, was released on October 2, 2014 and was greeted by a massive reception from fans and critics alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment